Missions 2nd Ed
In this second edition of?Missions, long-time missionary Gailyn Van Rheenen revises and updates his classic text on Christian missions, laying sound theological and strategic foundations for the missionary of today and tomorrow.
Van Rheenen helps renew the missionary vision by discussing areas such as:
- The history of Christian mission, and how it affects where we are today
- Spiritual formation for God?s mission
- The missionary cycle
- Cross-cultural communication
- The character and calling of missionaries
- Types of missionaries
- Church maturation
- Selecting mission fields
- The role of money in missions
- Four levels of involvement in missions
But?Missions?is more than blackboard theory. Written by a long-time missionary, it carries the conviction and insights of one who has lived his subject. Accessible to students, practitioners, and laypeople alike,?Missions?provides a primary go-to resource for understanding and becoming involved in the dynamic activity of world missions.